Director of People and Culture
Who Selendy & Gay is searching for:
The Director of People & Culture is a self-starter who will directly report to the Chief Operating Officer. This new role is responsible for a broad range of human resource responsibilities to ensure employees, processes, programs and policies are aligned to achieve firm goals.
The Director of People & Culture is responsible for promoting extraordinary employee experience for Selendy & Gay through initiatives that reinforce the principals and values. In addition, the Director of People & Culture is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of a wide variety of human resource programs and initiatives related to onboarding and retention initiatives, which includes organizing workforce metrics and policies.
The ideal candidate will know how to cultivate relationships and develop communication plans and programs to nurture a diverse and inclusive environment.
Human Resources & Culture Initiative
- Provide HR administrative support throughout employee life cycle, including initiating and monitoring background checks, management of the onboarding portal, temporary employment onboarding, performance reviews, gathering demographic data, calling references, processing unemployment requests and fielding day-to-day HR inquiries.
- Keep up-to-date on labor and employment law to ensure the firm is in compliance.
- Keeping abreast of trends in Culture and HR across industries.
- Developing best practices for HR and Culture.
- Attend and represent the Firm at conferences regarding Culture and HR.
- Coordinate training to ensure all employees are knowledgeable of updates in the employee handbook and the laws pertaining policies.
- Create onboarding packages and manage orientation processes.
- Oversee the HRIS platform including migration and day-to-day operations.
- Promote firm principles and assist employees with achieving goals that align with firm principles.
- Host events that encourage positive firm collaboration and interaction. Push and execute initiatives that promote positive work environment and collaborative culture.
- Partner with senior management to resolve internal employee issues.
- Assist employees with emotional wellness.
- Assist with conducting employment-related investigations and work with general counsel appropriately and effectively.
- Provide advice for managers and employees with interpretation and communication of firm policies and procedures.
- Update employees on all policy and procedures. Follow up to ensure all employees understand and sign off on policies and updates.
- Set up leadership initiatives for employees.
- Conduct exit interviews and report to senior leadership for support team departures.
- Provide coaching and mentorship.
- Manage all staff hiring process including generating offer letters, coordinating with recruiting on communication with employees prior to start date, and scheduling onboarding.
- Inform all employees of new hires.
- Create employee application.
- Present new employees with all documentation prior to start date.
- Manage and organize all documents related to employment.
- Coordinate with recruiting firms and maintain relationships.
- Implement sourcing strategies that provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool through networking, referrals, job postings and direct sourcing for passive talent.
- Maintain relationships with recruiters who specialize in law firm operations.
What you bring to Selendy & Gay:
- Strong personal responsibility.
- Accountability and takes pride in a job well done.
- Communication: Written, Verbal, Listening and Presentation
- Ability to build trusting partnerships.
- Compassionate: Demonstrates genuine interest in others.
- Innovation/Entrepreneurship spirit and attitude.
- Passionate, Values Based: Makes decisions with Selendy & Gay values, mission and vision in mind.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all internal and personnel affairs.
- Able to prioritize and multitask for efficient and effective work production
- Sharp attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of firm personnel, including management.
- Courteous, professional, flexible and able to work independently.
- Able to follow through on assigned projects and activities.
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated exemplary service orientation.
- Able to show initiative, be proactive and to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment and under stressful conditions in a thoughtful and courteous manner.
Education, Experience and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in organization development, human resource, industrial psychology, business administration and/or related field.
- Ten or more years of progressive Human Resources.
- Two or more years of experience in talent acquisition and/or internal communications experience.
- Two or more years in event coordination for small to mid-size organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills needed including demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills necessary to produce clear and concise communications in memos format, in organizational publications and on the web.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS programs and Microsoft Office.
About the Firm
Selendy & Gay’s practice is dedicated to excellence in litigation and investigations. We have gathered talent of the highest caliber—the smartest minds, the most agile courtroom lawyers, and the most creative strategists. By re-thinking law firm structure, operations, and culture, we have also crafted an environment for our teams of professionals to serve our clients’ needs with focus and efficiency. Putting our clients first includes learning their businesses to advise proactively and to be ready if crisis strikes. It also means bringing a strongly led, tightly-coordinated combination of talent and resources to each of our client’s priorities. Through critical thinking and collaboration, we offer an unmatched plaintiffs’ practice combined with a premier defense practice.
How to Apply
Applications for the Research Analyst position should include a cover letter (300 word maximum) and resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.